We help you every step of the way after you’ve selected your new floor: professional on-site measurement, removal of old flooring, and skilled installation that includes moving your furniture and replacing trim. We do it all expertly, so your floor will look amazing and give lasting satisfaction.
Before Installation of COREtec Floor
You want a problem-free installation and, to help ensure it, here’s a checklist of things to do before the installer arrives.
- Furniture is the first step. All furniture and other objects need to be removed from the installation areas. Our installers can remove your furniture, but there may be an additional charge. If we do remove your furniture, you will need to empty any contents of the furniture or closets. We also do not disconnect or reconnect electronics such as TVs, computers, etc.
- The area of installation must be climate controlled (heated or air conditioned). Indoor humidity needs to stay between 45-65%.
- Take into consideration how your old floor covering will be taken up and disposed of. This can be time consuming and we recommend checking with us about the cost and the method of disposal. If you prefer to remove your current flooring, please do this at least one day prior to arrival of your flooring product to allow time for cleanup and floor preparation. If you are removing old carpet, please leave tack strips where they are and pull the staples out of the floor from the original pad.
- What to do concerning your trim. Any shoe molding and quarter round needs to be removed for COREtec installation. Your installer can do this but at an additional charge and they will not be responsible for damage or breakage due to dry or brittle wood. Paint on walls, baseboards and woodwork may also need touch-ups after installation is complete. If this is happens, it is your responsibility.
- Make sure your clean-up plan is clearly discussed with installers. COREtec installation will produce waste. These materials are usually collected by your installer and left at your trash site. Check with your salesperson before the day of installation so you’re clear about the clean-up, if there are added costs to do so, and ask about the plan for any extra materials to be left for you to be used for future repairs if necessary.
During Installation Day of COREtec Floors
To make your COREtec floor look good now and for a long time to come, proper installation is critical. Here’s the procedure an experienced installation professional will follow:
- Your presence is essential on installation day. You should be prepared to be at home and available for any questions the installers may have. You being there will insure that the appropriate vinyl gets installed in the correct areas. Since it is difficult to estimate the length and circumstances of each job, installers may not always be able to give you an exact time of arrival. Our suggestion is to be flexible and stay in contact with your retail salesperson and installers.
- Family safety is another very important part of the installation day. Make sure to keep your children and pets out of the work area on the installation day because it can be a hazardous area.
- Before the job is complete, we recommend you do a walk-through. Have the chief installer walk you through the whole job. This will provide a chance to ask any questions you may have.
After Installation of COREtec Floors
- Make sure the rooms have good ventilation, especially if you are sensitive to odors or dust. Good ventilation should be instituted for 48-72 hours after installation.
- All of the seamed areas need to be protected for at least 24 hours. Do not walk on the seams or the seam sealer. Make sure to keep the temperature of the new vinyl rooms at 68° F or higher for a minimum of two days after the installation. This will ensure that the adhesives set correctly.
- Be very careful moving appliances back into the room. You should use an underlayment product, like particleboard or plywood (at least 3/8” thick), and place it on the new flooring to protect the new vinyl from any possible damage. Even the refrigerator’s wheels can cause damage without an underlayment to protect the floor.
Have additional questions?
Please feel free to contact us directly with questions at 231-947-6900. Our knowledgeable staff will assist you with selecting the right flooring for your needs. Bay View Flooring and Design Center is here to help you.