Keep Your Home & Office Warmer in Winter and Cooler in Summer by installing Energy Efficient Window Blinds by Hunter Douglas. Their latest innovation is the Duette Architella® honeycomb fabric featuring a honeycomb-within-a-honeycomb design for even greater energy efficiency. Without energy-efficient window treatments, as much as 50% of a home’s heating and cooling energy can be lost through its windows. Duette Shades are available in various sizes, fabrics, colors, opacities and textures.
Benefits of Energy Efficient Shades
- Save Energy and Cost: Honeycomb shades trap air in distinct pockets to help keep your house cool in the summer and warm in the winter which can in turn help reducing the cost of heating and cooling.
- Variety of Styles: Duette® Honeycomb Shades are available in numerous colors, patterns and textures to match any decor and to create window treatments that enhance your interiors, while insulating and providing light diffusion and privacy.
- Daylighting: Daylighting is the practice of lighting rooms with natural light rather than artificial light. By drawing natural light into a room energy efficient window treatments can reduce the need for other types of lighting, thereby reducing your energy use.
Tips for saving energy at the window
- Ensure your windows and doors are properly weather-stripped.
- Caulk around basement and storm windows.
- When heating or cooling, keep windows locked.
- Open your window coverings during sunny winter days to catch free solar heat then close them at night to keep that heat in.
- Close your window coverings during summer days to keep the heat out.
Energy Efficient Window Blinds