COREtec Flooring is not only beautiful, but it is also highly durable and waterproof. It only takes a few simple care and maintenance steps to keep your floor looking beautiful for years, and make the most affordable type of flooring.
- Dust, sweep or vacuum the floor regularly to prevent any buildup of dirt or gritty substances that can scratch or dull the floor. If you do vacuum, do not use on with a beater brush, they can cause damage to the floor.
- Any spills should be cleaned up immediately with a damp mop or cloth.
- Mop or machine clean using 175-rpm “Swing-arm” machine or auto scrubber with a 3M 5100 Red pad (or equal).
- Occasionally clean the floor with a resilient floor cleaner.
Preventive Care of COREtec Flooring
- Protective mats. Place mats outside of all entrances and exits, and make sure to clean them on a regular basis. They will absorb soil and moisture and trap excessive dirt, sand, grit, oil, asphalt, or driveway sealer that would otherwise be tracked inside. Mats that are 100% latex-backed should be used. Do not use mats with rubber backing, as they can discolor the flooring. We also recommend using latex-based driveway sealer to prevent any staining.
- Appliances. Be aware that refrigerators, ranges or other heat-producing appliances, or hot air registers that produce heat over 120°F, can burn, fade or discolor your floor. Any hot objects, such as matches or cigarettes, can also burn and damage your COREtec floor.
- Furniture legs. All the legs should have large surface floor protectors that are non-staining. Use flat, smooth glides to replace dome shaped, small, or narrow metal glides. To keep from scratching the floor, these glides should have self-adhesive felt pads. They also need to be checked regularly for wear and dirt and then replaced when needed.
- Heavy appliances/furniture. Any appliance or piece of furniture that is heavy and rarely moved should have flat furniture cups or casters that are non-staining and of appropriate size. The available sizes are round, 1 3/8” to 1 5/8”, and square, 1 ½” to 2 5/8”.
- Moveable appliances/furniture. Mobile appliances should have casters that swivel easily. These casters should have a diameter of 2” and ¾” hard rubber treads that are non-staining. Ball shaped casters should not be used.
- Be careful of your feet. Avoid wearing stiletto-style heels, cleats, or spiked golf shoes on your flooring. They may cause scratches and indentations.
- Sunlight protection. Keep window coverings closed during the times of day when there’s heavy sunlight. COREtec floors can fade or get discolored if overexposed to the sun.